Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walkin' and Talkin'

Today Nate went from being able to take 2-3 steps, to all of a sudden, he's walking half way across Olivia's room!

We were in there playing before bedtime and he takes 4 steps. I call down the hallway to George, "He just took FOUR steps!" A few minutes later I shout another progress report, "He took SEVEN steps!" and "Now he's up to NINE!" This gets George excited and he comes to see for himself. We sit across from each other, maybe 4 feet between us, and Nate begins to walk to George, then walk to me. Again and again several more times. Wowzer!

Olivia started walking pretty early too so I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. It just amazes me how fast he went from barely able to manage a few steps to making laps!

This morning I left the house before 6 a.m. to set up for the Mom's Group yard sale. George tells me that Nate said, "banana" during breakfast! Holding a banana, George asks, "did you say banana? Say 'banana.'" He swears that Nate repeated, clear as day, "banana." All I could get him to say tonite was "nana." Not too bad for a 10 month old. Olivia still says, "mana" for banana if I let her get away with it. Now we are encouraging her to say things correctly so Nate learns the right way. He has also started waving to us. What an exciting time, full of new things each day!

No comments: