Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Visit from Grandma

My mom flew in from Florida for a visit last week. We were so busy having fun that I didn't have time to post, but here are a few pictures of our week together:

We went to the duck pond - one of Olivia's absolute favorite things to do.


Nate was really enjoying the light-up yo yo ball.





And his bath.



We made our monthly visit to the Missoula Children's Museum on Tuesday with Beth and her kids. Grandma watched the babies, while Beth and I chased after our toddlers. Then we went to lunch at this little hole in the wall called the Staggering Ox, which we heard had good sandwiches. I went with a safe choice: French Dip while she and Beth were a little more adventuresome with sandwiches called Cocked and Loaded, and I think Beth's was called Osama's Mama, with a side sauce of Camel Spit. No, I am not kidding! Check out their menu!


On Wednesday, we got our hair done, explored Hamilton's downtown, and ate lunch at The Bistro. That night, we brought in a chef to cook a special dinner. (Background info: one of the sales reps George has been working with for the last few months came over for dinner before Christmas. I am embarrassed to say it was just Schwan's lasagna and salad. I figured he'd be glad to have a "home-cooked" meal after almost a month on the road. A few days later, George tells me that Frank used to be a chef. Nice. A chef comes to dinner and I cook him frozen lasagna. LOL. Anyways, it was Frank's last week in town for a while so he wanted to make US dinner). He made a delicious salad with beets, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette and chicken piccata. YUM.

We also went to our usual Thursday Kindermusik class. Nate chewed on some music makers while Olivia sang songs about choo-choos and danced.

We sure did enjoy having Grandma here. The kids really soaked up all the attention and she was a big help to me around the house. She even washed my windows. "I can see clearly now..."

Needless to say, we were all sad to see her go. Even poor Buster has been sitting in the doorway of the spare room waiting for her to take him to bed. How sad is that?

We hope to see her again soon!

No comments: