Thursday, August 28, 2008

And the Winner Is...

PHILLY!


George accepted their offer this morning, even before hearing the crappy offer Memphis put together for him. Their justification was that they considered it a lateral transfer so there was essentially no pay increase. That just confirms that we made the right decision.


The bad news is...the moving company can't move us for 3-4 weeks so we'll be in temporary housing without our stuff for a month. If it was just George and I, not a big deal. I'm just trying to figure out how we'll do that with kids - not having their toys and their furniture. Maybe we'll just buy them a few new things to play with once we get there? I'm sure it will all work out one way or another. The plus side is that we'll have plenty of time to find a nice place to live and we don't have to stress about squeezing in a house-hunting trip in the next week. So, we'll have to get busy weeding through the junk we have lying around that's not worth taking or needs to be thrown away. I also need to put on my thinking cap and figure out what the 4 of us need to bring to Philly on the plane. I think I'll need more suitcases!
George will be working in King of Prussia, PA, home to the largest shopping mall on the East Coast! You know I'll be having fun window shopping there! I keep imagining it as Pennsylvania's answer to the Mall of the Americas. Yahooey!


No comments: