Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Laugh (or two) A Day!

Yesterday, Olivia had me laughing hysterically several times. That's the beauty of kids. They're built-in entertainment. Usually when I laugh at something she says, she gets irritated and barks, "Don't be funny at me!" Yesterday, she seems to take great delight in the laughter she provoked.

The first incident occurred when I was changing her diaper. It was a poopy one and somehow I got some on my hand, and then somehow I got some from my hand onto hers. I said, "Ew, yuk! I got some poopy on your hand. I'm sorry." She looked at her hand, then at me, and full of exasperation said, "Jee-sus." I started to laugh, and then she started to giggle, and then I couldn't stop laughing.

After dinner, George was down the hall and called out to me in the living room, "Hey, do you want to go get some I-C-E C-R-E-A-M? (He actually spelled it out, letter by letter). I must have agreed, then Olivia said, "I want one!" I asked, "what do you want" knowing full well she couldn't know what he was talking about. She replied matter of factly, "an I-C-E-C!" Again, more laughter. Incredible! She *IS* the sharpest knife in the drawer!

No comments: