Thursday, January 03, 2008

Nathan is on the Move!

Well, it's happening regularly now, so I know it's not a fluke. Nathan is rolling over from his back to his front with ease. A few times last week I'd put him on his play mat and come back a few minutes later and he'd be off the mat by quite a distance. I guess I figured he just squirmed his way off. Nope! He's log rolling! He's about a month ahead of when Olivia rolled over the first time. I guess he's just a bigger, stronger baby. Now I get to worry about him rolling off the bed, etc. He's even trying to roll over when I'm changing his diaper. This afternoon, I had him laying on the floor, and he rolled over, started sucking his thumb, and fell asleep. How cute is this? He also does not like to be in the Bumbo seat or the bouncy chair. In the Bumbo, he arches his back and tries to eject himself from the seat. He does a combination arch-squirm thing to get out of the bouncy chair. If I didn't have him strapped in, he'd wiggle his way onto the floor. This boy is going to keep me on my toes. Fortunately, he is really enjoying the exersaucer and the jumperoo. He can't really make it bounce yet, but he enjoys the lights and music. Hopefully Olivia won't give him whiplash. She just can't keep her hands off him when he's in it. Today she was swinging him back and forth pretty hard. I didn't like what I saw, but he almost looked like he was enjoying the ride. Anyhow, George said I needed more pictures of Nathan on the blog so now that he's more interactive, I promise to post more tidbits of our big boy!

No comments: