Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Precious Gift

I am the youngest child of four. My closest sibling is 10 years older than me. When I was old enough to wonder why there was such an age gap between my sister and I, I asked my mom, "Mom, was I an accident?" She replied, "No, you just weren't planned." Little did I know then, how much I would be able to relate to that answer many years later.

Many of you know that us getting pregnant with Nathan was a big surprise. Olivia was only 9
months old, I had just stopped breastfeeding and was waiting for my birth control pills to arrive from the mail order pharmacy. I guess we weren't careful enough. Nathan was conceived sometime during November. George says it happened around Thanksgiving when, according to him, he was under the influence of tryptophan from all the turkey he ate and I took advantage of him. Funny...I don't remember it quite that way.

Once we knew we were having a boy, it didn't take us long to decide on the name "Nathan" which in Hebrew means, "Gift from God." We couldn't think of a better or more appropriate name.



The bib says it all.


1 comment:

Cheryl and Greg Morton said...

Look at that Bundle of Pure Joy!! He's so adorable!